HOW KEYSTROKE LOGGER IS PROPITIOUS FOR FIRMS HAVING THEIR EMPLOYEES WORK FROM HOME?
Ever since the COVID-19 pandemic, almost every firm has asked its employees to start working from home. But, it’s a bit difficult for employers to keep an eye on their workers and balance the office workstyle as it was.
Apart from this, one of the major problems is to make sure whether they are working sincerely or not. Because, when everyone works from office, the managers can keep a watch on every employee and notice his/her daily work accordingly. But, after the declaration of WFH, it became more than impossible to manage them.
So, What’s the solution to this?
The answer is — Keystroke Loggers.
It is a program that users can install in the employees’ systems to keep an eye on every keystroke that the worker uses. Basically, it captures the actions done on the keyboard, which makes it easier to monitor the activities of the user. Not only this, but these loggers also keep a check on the computer activities of the workers. There are 2 kinds of loggers, namely:
- Hardware: You can use it as an external device without wasting time in the installation part. It helps to keep an eye on the workers with a single hardware tool and let the user get the information required.
- Software: Before accessing the program, you need to install the application on the system to explore the activities of your employees for maintaining a remote workforce to run smoothly.
Installing such a program on their systems can add a great benefit to the firms while the employees are working from home. Some of them are as follows:
- Captures Internet Activity:
After sitting for hours in front of their systems, most of the workers visit different sites for refreshment, like YouTube, Facebook, shopping sites, or other entertainment websites. The logger feature helps the user to capture their internet activity and maintain a complete record to catch them red-handed.
- Tracks Productivity:
Apart from capturing the keystrokes of the user’s keyboard, it also tracks the productivity of the workers. Like how much time an employee takes to finish a single task. Because it’s necessary to keep a record, even if they are working from home, productivity must remain the same.
- Accessing Unapproved Sites:
Through this, you can block the websites or pages you want so that the workers could not access it without letting them know about it. You can also discover how many times the user has tried accessing the blocked sites and apps. It will be a bit easy for firms to blame the workers using these keyloggers.
- Protects From Insider Threats:
There can be thousands of employees working in your firm, and it’s nearly impossible to manage everyone’s work at a time. If the confidential data of the firm is transferred or hacked by other means, the keylogger acts as an Insider Threat Detector, and the managers can easily catch the person involved in it.
You might be thinking that whether it is legal or not?
Well, yes. Installing such loggers is 100% legal in terms of the law. But, it’s important to share this with your employees while hiring any employee or before commencing work from home because it’s the right of employees to know about it.
Okay, after discussing these benefits, it’s time to know about the best Keystroke Loggers feature software that offer the maximum advantage to their users. Let’s have a look at it:
- EmpMonitor: The cloud-based software is one of the best keystroke loggers for the firms to install and track the daily activities of the employees during their working hours. It will also help you maintain the records of productive and non-productive staff in your company. Also, it has an additional feature of screenshot monitoring that captures the screen randomly.
- SpyAgent: This software is the easiest monitoring tool for firms having a remote workforce. Not only this, but it also has a stealth mode option so that the user can be unaware of the fact that someone is watching their activities. SpyAgent sends you detailed email reports and real-time alerts to offer their best to the users.
- Spytector: It is a multifunctional keylogger available in 3 different languages and 7 attractive themes. Spytector helps the manager to get the reports of every key log, including passwords and archived chats. It is a sophisticated program that blocks the launch of apps and websites so that the worker could not access it.
I hope the article helped you understand the actual meaning of Keystroke Loggers, including the benefits and the best keyloggers to keep an eye on your workers. But, apart from installing such software, every firm must explain the importance, do’s and dont’s of the remote workforce, along with some tips to maintain the productivity of the same.